These delicious coconut banana muffins are probably one of the quickest and easiest recipes that I cook in the last 30 minutes before guests arrive. Made with fresh grated coconut and spelt flour, they are intensly aromatic, moderately sweet, healthy and super easy to make.
Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 22-25 min.
Total time: 32-35 min.
Ingredients (yield: 8 muffins):
- 1 big ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or maple syrup
- 200 g spelt flour
- 40 g coconut flour or shredded coconut
- 40 g coconut oil of room temperature
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanillin powder
- 40 ml diary-free (almon, cashew, rice, etc.) milk
- 3 tbsps fresh grated coconut
- 1 flaxegg (1 tbsp ground flaxseeds + 3 tbsps water)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 8 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Sift together all dry ingredients.
3. Add mashed banana, coconut oil, non-diary milk, and the flax egg into the flour mix. Combine all the ingredients well. Then leave the dough to swell for about 7-10 minutes.
You can make homemade coconut flour by high-speed processing a store-bought shredded coconut in a blender or a food procesor until it appears finely ground. It would definetely be the most budget-friendly option to get the coconut flour.
4. Scoop about 1/4 – 1/3 cup of batter for each muffin and bake for about 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
These flavorful coconut banana muffins have the right texture, vegan-friendly and are easy to make. If you don’t follow the vegetarion diet, you can replace the flaxegg and diary-free with regular egg and milk.
And if you do make them, Instagram me a photo! I love it when people do that (no seriously, it’s kind of my favorite).