There are days when you want something particular to satisfy your sweet tooth but you don’t really want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. This recipe perfectly suits for these lazy days. It is so easy and delicious and requires only three ingredients.
This Dark Chocolate and Banana Sundae is a healthy diary-free dessert you can make in less than 5 minutes. It is relatively low in calories in comparison to a store-bought sundae that packs a huge amount of calories (approximately 250-300 calories per serving) equal to a normal lunch.
In addition to that, this little dessert packs high amounts of vitamin C, potassium, magnesium and manganese. Humans are born with a tendency to seek out something sweet when they are feeling down or upset. In this case bananas help not only improve your mood, but also reduce stress level and enhance your general outlook and happiness. These fruits also help regulate your sleep patterns. While a tiny bit of dark chocolate is a source of antioxidants that improve your cognate function. Isn’t that a great bonus for such a tiny treat, is it? So such a great, healthy and delicious treat, isn’t it?
Nutritional facts per 1 serving:
2,3 g protein
4,5 g fats
25,2 g carbohydrates
Ingredients (yield: 2 servings):
- 2 bananas
- 20 g dark chocolate
- 2 cherries / blueberries / strawberries
1. Freeze peeled bananas in a freezer at least for 3 hours.
2. Melt dark chocolate by using a double boiler on the stovetop to prevent scorching and separating. Place the chopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water. This method keeps the chocolate away from direct heat, which allows it to melt at a low enough temperature and keep a smooth texture once it is melted.
3. Blend frozen bananas in a food processor or in a blender until smooth.
4. Serve banana sundae in dessert bowls, drizzle with melted dark chocolate and top each with a berry.