Frozen yogurt and berry popsicles are a deliciously sin-free dessert, snack or a light breakfast. This summer treat is cool and refreshing and is a healthier alternative to store-bought ice-cream. More importantly, these 4-ingredient mixed berry yogurt ice-cream are super easy to make and perfect on a hot summer day.
Ingredients (yield: 4 servings):
- 200 ml vegan coconut or vanilla yogurt (or plain Greek yougurt for a non-vegan option)
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 100 g berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon zest and a half of maple syrup.
TIP: If you use diary-free (coconut or vanilla) yogurt for this recipe, reduce the amount of liquid sweetener, as the yogurt contains some added sugar.
2. In a blender or a food processor, puree the berries with the rest of maple syrup until smooth.
3. Fill your popsicle molds with the yogurt mixture until they are about 3/4 full. Then add the berry puree to fill the entire molds. Gently insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 4-5 hours or until completely frozen.
4. To remove, just simply run the molds under warm water for a few seconds until the popsicles loosen. Store them in a freezer for up to two days. Though I am going to assume they would hardly last long in your house, especially when the weather heats up.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below or follow me on Instagram and tag #deliciouslifebyik so I can see all the ADL recipes you make.