Hot and delicious matcha latte is a comforting drink for autumn and winter. It wakes you up in the morning and is a gentler source of caffeine that also boasts a flurry of antioxidants.
This 5-minute recipe is easy to make and super delicious.
Ingredients for 1 cup:
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup hot cashew (any diary or non-diary ) milk
- 1-2 tsps matcha green tea powder
- 1-2 tsps honey / maple syrup / agave syrup / brown sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
1. Put 1 teaspoon of matcha powder into a cup. Add hot (not boiling) water and whisk rapidly until no small pieces remain. For this you can use a traditional bamboo whisk (also called chasen) or a small regular whisk. A traditional matcha whisk works best.
2. Add maple syrup and coconut oil to matcha and stir with a teapoon.
3. Pour cashew milk into a small saucepan and heat until the milk bubbles. Do not bring the milk to a boil. Intensively whisk the milk trying not to touch the bottom of the saucepan.
Just keep in mind that non-diary milk won’t give you that much foam as diary one.
4. Add milk to the mixture of matcha, maple syrup and coconut oil. Serve and enjoy!